|Job Type:||Full Time|
Specialist - Cyber Security Monitoring and Incident Response
- Great opportunity to join a global organisation at the forefront of mining.
- Excellent team environment where people are valued and respected
- This role will expose you to exciting technology and allow you to partner with multiple teams and organisations
- Permanent position based in Brisbane with the ability to be on an on call roster
About the role
We are looking for a Specialist – Cyber Security Monitoring and Incident Response to perform and oversee security monitoring, incident response and digital forensics activities for Rio Tinto Globally.
In this role you will participate in every phase of the incident response process for Rio Tinto and guide continuous improvement initiative to help grow Rio Tinto's Incident Response, Security Monitoring and Forensics capabilities.
This role is a great opportunity to be part of a high performing incident response team, delivering world-class cyber security services.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Manager – Security Monitoring and Response and working in a collaborative, exciting environment within our global Cyber Security team, you will:
- Respond to security incidents affecting IT and OT/ ICS environments
- Monitor the environment and lead investigations into network intrusions and other cyber security breaches
- Lead the development of specialised capability and further add value to the services provided to the organisation
- Contribute to the development and improvement of security monitoring and incident response processes specific to industrial control environments
- Research and recommend solutions for incident response and digital forensics
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Experience or a keen interest in the cyber security field with knowledge and experience in topics such as security monitoring, incident response, threat hunting, malware analysis and digital forensics
- Experience working in IT
- Be a team player
- Ability to effectively work with multiple stakeholders, in multiple regions/time zones
Strong communication and presentation skills an asset It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Degree in Cyber Security or equivalent experience
- Experience with ICS environments
- Previous experience working with Splunk or other SIEM technology
- Certifications like GCIA, GCIH (or equivalent)
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.