|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Advisor Asset Management – Rail
- Perth location – Central Park
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Senior opportunity for a highly driven rail expert
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Asset Management Rail, we are searching for a Senior Advisor Asset Management to join the world class rail team at our Perth Central Park office. Being a senior rail expert within the resources industry, you will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment, whilst using your demonstrated experience to drive best practise within the broader rail division.
Our privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of our integrated production process and services our 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track. With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier (7 Mile). We operate 95% Autonomous Trains, each train comprises up to three locomotives and 240 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.4 kilometres in length with average of 60 trains operating every 24 hrs in the pooled fleet system.
What you’ll bring
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced professional with sound rail asset management experience to showcase your industry expertise via management of systems & frameworks. Your highly developed experience and understanding of ‘lifecycle of assets’ will see you succeed in this long-term permanent position with Rio Tinto. You will have a proven track record, within a similar role and a passion for delivering outcomes. Ability to engage stakeholders as required, at all levels is a critical element to the outcomes and success. You will have a background in Track & Civil or Rolling Stock.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Define, deploy and maintain the Rail Asset Management System and Framework for Track & Civil or Rolling Stock assets (ISO 55001)
- Providing technical leadership and engaging with the maintenance teams on a regular basis
- Driving a strong safety culture withthe maintenance teams to work towards Rio Tinto's goal of zero harm
- Developing and coaching the maintenance teams to achieve business performance objectives
- Engaging and communicating with multiple stakeholders to align and deliver business objectives
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- WA "C Class" manual drivers’ licence
- Significant experience in a similar role within rail mining
- Strong leadership and stakeholder engagement experience
- A related / relevant diploma, degree or tertiary qualification
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia.
Applications close on Friday the 22nd April 2021. (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)