|Job Type:||Part Time|
Uniting is undertaking a Care Service Employee traineeship program across the Far North Coast offering several part-time and full-time positions across our Goonellabah and Yamba services.
In the traineeship you will gain both a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) qualification as well as valuable hands on experience as a Care Service Employee.
What is a Care Service Employee?
Care Service Employees assist in the provision of care services that enhance the residents’ well-being and is inclusive of their physical, psychological, social and spiritual qualities, to facilitate self-determination, capacity and resilience, as well as improve social engagement and quality of life for the resident.
While Care Service Employees need to be patient, empathetic, passionate about the care provided often it is equally important to be able to solve problems and face challenges together with your clients.
- Assisting clients with daily tasks such as showering, shaving, dressing and eating
- Supporting their mobility through the use of hoists, wheelchairs and other equipment
- Ensuring social needs of clients are met by helping them to engage with recreational and leisure activities.
Create a better future for you
Working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice brings its own rewards. But there’s so many ways we will support you to grow and thrive in your work.
- Learning and development: We take pride in developing the capability of our people and ensuring they have everything they need to be their best at work
- A dynamic sector: With the increasing need for more Aged Care services, Uniting is adapting our service to meet this challenge and you can be a part of shaping the way we do things in the future.
- Career progression: The size of Uniting and our range of services provides opportunities to shape your future and grow yourself and your career in different ways.
- Locations: We’re the largest not-for-profit provider of aged care services in NSW and the ACT so we have many locations that provide the right care in the right places.
- Recognition: Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we demonstrate how much they are valued through our Recognition program.
- Quality services: Our various awards and official accreditations acknowledge our diverse and supportive team culture, and our unfailing commitment to quality and safety.
- Diverse and inclusive: We value and celebrate diversity and always welcome you exactly as you are.
How does the Traineeship work?
As a paid member of our care team you will learn valuable skills on the job in your capacity as a Care Service Employee.
There will be regular classes to attend as you work your way through the Certificate III in Individual Support curriculum.
You will be supported every step of the way by our qualified trainers, and on the job you will learn from our experienced staff.
On successful completion you will be awarded your nationally recognised qualification and be ready for a career as a Care Service Employee with Uniting.
Open to people for all backgrounds and experience levels, the only requirements are:
- Full rights to work, study and complete a traineeship in Australia
- Availability to work a variety of shifts across the week
- Be over the age of 18 when commencing the traineeship
- No current qualifications in Aged Care or related field
Applications close Wednesday 21st April with an Assessment Centre to be held on Thursday 29th April for successful applicants.