|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac have increased the workload in the small components department and will require the support of highly motivated individuals with heavy mobile experience. We have an opportunity for several Heavy Duty Fitters to assist our small components team. These are low hour machines purchased throughout Australia which are inspected to determine faults and issues.
The work will involve removal, installation, strip, quote, and assemble components such as fuel tanks, axle groups, suspension groups and steering axles. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor the roster is Mon – Fri, 10 hours each day, 2 weeks of day shift, 1 week of night shift.
The machines in the workshop consist of Caterpillar fleets including dozers, graders, loaders, excavators and trucks. Experience with components or engine rebuilds will be highly regarded.
What we offer:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work on state-of-the-art mining equipment
- Safety first working culture
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
To be successful the following is required:
- Commitment to the safety of yourself and others
- Australian recognized Heavy-Duty Trade Certificate with a minimum of 3 years post trade experience in a earthmoving environment.
- Previous component rebuild/overhaul experience preferred or transferable skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Ability to work and seek out work opportunities without continuous direct supervision
- Strive to assist the Customer to achieve machine availability and reliability KPI’s
- Previous mechanical experience working on Caterpillar products
- Dogging ticket
- Forklift ticket
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.