South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminum, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realize the potential of their resources.
About the role
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring HR, payroll and statutory reporting quality by processing employees’ data timely and accurately.
Add value to the organisation by:
- Ensuring alignment to internal controls, standards and procedures.
- Actively contribute towards achieving high performance payroll by focusing on maintaining up-to-date, accurate and timely data in HR Systems.
- Developing supportive relationships with others in the HR Function and Line Leaders.
- Ensuring all queries and data management requirements are managed on time, accurately and within defined service level definitions.
- Contribute to maintaining a culture of innovation, learning and development and continuous improvement.
- Recommending improvement initiatives in existing processes, practices and systems.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of quick reference guidelines (QRGs), system testing where required and audit requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience in a similar role with knowledge of HR payroll and employee master data administration.
- Tertiary qualification in HR / Payroll or business related field (or similar).
- Demonstrated knowledge in Australian payroll statutory and legislative requirements.
- Understanding / exposure to HR practices, processes, disciplines and systems.
- Experience in HR / Payroll information systems including SuccessFactors, EC, SAP HCM (desirable) and Microsoft Excel.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to explain complex issues.
- Data analytics and attention to detail. .
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.