|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Technical Writer to join our team.
The best online help provides someone with the answers they need, when they need them. Our product documentation is an important source of information for customers and partners, prospects and internal staff. More than a docs site, the Nearmap Knowledge Hub is a crucial channel to empower, educate and support our customers to confidently use our products.
As a Technical Writer, you’ll create customer focused product documentation across our full suite of products, from web apps to API’s and integrations. You’ll have exceptional writing ability and a strong technical competence, with the ability to make complex concepts simple, engaging and easy to understand.
While you will be embedded within the Product team, you’ll collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Technical Support, Customer Experience and Customer Success teams and develop a deep understanding of our products and use cases. You’ll work closely with our Instructional, Content and Product designers to ensure product documentation and technical content is delivered in engaging and effective ways to our customers.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- 5+ years writing documentation for SaaS products in a high growth, multi product environment
- Excellent writing skills, including thoughtful information hierarchy, great sentence structure, and a conversational yet professional voice.
- Embrace a user-centric approach to focus on what the customer needs, not just what the system does.
- Experience working with Confluence and medium level skills with HTML and CSS is desirable
- Self-directed – ability and inclination to seek out requirements and priorities by communicating with colleagues.
- Process oriented and structured working style with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and foster collaboration with different stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, and ability to communicate complex details simply
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Writing high-quality documentation—feature guides, release notes, API docs, and more—to guide and educate customers. Develop deep product knowledge through researching, partnering with SMEs, and using the product.
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Engineering and CX to gather and fulfil requirements to support the launch of new products and features.
- Maintaining documentation quality and accuracy through proactive curation and responding to internal and customer feedback.
- Proactively collecting and actioning customer feedback to continuously iterate and improve customer satisfaction with product documentation and technical instructions.
- Collaborating closely with the Digital CX and Support teams to recommend documentation approaches which decrease self-service failures in Technical Support through a focus on self-help.
- Contributing to the overall Knowledge Hub design and information architecture to ensure documentation is easy to discover and delivered to users in the most appropriate format (E.G. availability of code samples).
- Researching and implement improved ways to provide developers and technical users with API and integration documentation.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.