|Job Type:||Full Time|
- High energy team environment
- Onsite gym with free access
- Onsite parking
Looking for a new challenge which will see you connecting the puzzle pieces and working with internal teams and customers? Boral has an opportunity for an Allocator in our Concrete department at Perth Airport office.
As our Concrete Allocator, you will coordinate the dispatching, utilisation and timely delivery of Boral's concrete trucks, review next day orders and manage a range of complex pours and customers.
Working within a high energy team environment, this position will best suit an Allocator who has their finger on the pulse and who possesses the ability to think on their feet and plan ahead.
Hours for this position are rotating weekly 6:00-2:30, 8:00-4:30, with a rotating Saturday shift shared between the team, 6:00-12:00
Key duties include
- Manage all orders and ensure timely delivery
- Work with team members & Production to maximise service and flag need for additional resources
- Negotiate where and when trucks or work can be transferred
- Ensure Drivers are kept up to date on job requirements and daily schedule
- Keep production informed of any issues which may affect performance
- Notify stakeholders of deviations to schedule or late delivery
- Comply with driver Fatigue management, statutory requirements and company health & safety
- Resolve complaints or issues in an effective manner
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience in transport scheduling or dispatch
- Experience within the concrete industry & product knowledge will be held in high regard
- Ability to interact with customers and provide quality outcomes
- Computer savvy (training provided on Boral systems)
- Ability to work independently
- Well-developed problem solving and prioritisation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable heavy vehicle legislation and understanding of construction materials, applications and products
At Boral, we value your abilities and reward results that drive business success. We share goals and celebrate individual and team success and provide a working environment that is safe, supportive and dynamic with a clear focus on continually encouraging and developing its people.