|Location:||Adelaide, Arundel, Bendigo, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have a clear strategy and important work in place to become Australia's bank of choice.
Our values of teamwork , integrity , performance , engagement , leadership and passion are at the core of who we are and form the expectation of the behaviours we adopt every day.
We strive to have a culture that drives balanced outcomes; is open and informed for disciplined execution; that celebrates and recognises success; and where the sum is greater than its parts. To achieve this, we focus on four critical behaviours: act commercially ; move fast to help customers achieve their goals ; recognise people for their impact ; and actively challenge the status quo .
Together, we’re creating a culture we can continue to be proud of; one that will help us reach new heights.
About the division
The Bank is in the midst of an enterprise-wide transformation, and as part of this, the Business Banking division is pursuing a range of opportunities to improve the business customer experience, our management of risk, the efficiency of our business model and our financial contribution to the Group. The Business Customer Transformation Team provides a critical connection between the business and enterprise transformation delivery teams or charters. The Team is responsible for:
- Bringing the business customer to the transformation program;
- Facilitating business input and resourcing to charters, programs and initiatives and support the business in navigating the flow of ideas into initiatives;
- Ensuring that delivery is prioritised and sequenced in the optimal way to deliver as quickly and effectively as possible, taking both an enterprise and divisional view;
- Providing visibility of the opportunities and constraints so the business can make informed decisions;
- Acting as an escalation point to help resolve roadblocks;
- Setting the business up for success to land initiatives in a way that realises maximum ROI.
The Team is the division’s main touchpoint for the enterprise Transformation Management Office (TMO), which is responsible for shaping Group-wide business demand, leading business design, pressure testing charter and initiative objectives, outcomes and benefits and providing 'light but tight' governance.
About the role
The Head of Business Design & Product Ownership will work closely with the Business Customer Transformation Business Owner, leading a team of design professionals and product owners to support shaping, delivery and adoption of transformational change initiatives across the division.
This role will work closely with the business and enterprise Technology & Transformation functions to:
- Build and embed product ownership capacity and capability.
- Hold the vision for business and product outcomes to assist with identifying what is important and of business value.
- Drive the divisional contribution to enterprise annual and periodic planning activities to understand business investment priorities and extract initiatives from business strategies.
- Shape business demand and draw strategic linkages to ensure alignment of recommended investments with the overall target operating model and investment slate appetite.
- Pressure test charter and initiative objectives against the desired vision for business / product outcomes.
- Lead product owners to contribute to final business design through strategic planning, shaping and delivery phases, articulating business demand in the form of actionable initiative canvases and business cases.
- Coordinate and contribute business SME knowledge to technical solution design and alignment, delivery planning, business capacity planning and overall cost estimation for initiatives and charters.
- Embed a human centred / design thinking approach to problem solving and solution design.
- Facilitate ideation and contribute to the extension and development of enterprise business and technology architecture in support of divisional and enterprise strategy.
- Provide value assurance to link delivered capabilities back to overall strategy.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business banking and the needs of business customers
- Strong knowledge of financial services and banking industry, financial services products, services, channels, competitive dynamics and customer behaviour trends
- Strong knowledge of business bank operating models and frameworks, target customer segments, strategic objectives and plans
- Strong knowledge of business bank organisation structures, and key influencers
- An ability to build strong networks and relationships across the Group in order to effectively influence to achieve the right enterprise outcomes
- Working knowledge of Bank’s IT architecture and technology platforms and applications
- Strong strategic planning, consulting, business design, design thinking, customer experience, agile coaching and facilitation skills and an ability to think creatively and laterally to design out appropriate solutions that are desirable, viable, and feasible
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, online workshop/facilitation tools e.g. Mural and Teams
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience building and leading a high performing team, coaching the team to build capability in business design and product ownership
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience in a commercial environment
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial services, ideally in the banking industry
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in consulting
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic planning, business design and customer experience functions and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in working in a large, complex and commercial environment
- Demonstrated experience in successfully influencing senior stakeholders
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Commerce/Business/Accounting or related discipline
- Ideally qualifications in Agile
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
For further details please see the attached Position Descriptions or contact Annie Geddes, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 08 8300 6263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note screening and interviews may commence prior the closing date