Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) was established in 1989 and is widely regarded as the founder of the Internet in Australia and renowned as the architect, builder and operator of world-class network infrastructure for research and education.
We are Australia’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). We connect over one million users—researchers, faculty, staff and students—at institutions across Australia, supporting education and research across a diverse range disciplines including high energy physics, climate science, genomics, radio astronomy and the arts.
Nationally, AARNet interconnects Australian universities, the CSIRO, and other organisations who have a research and education mission, or with whom the education and research sector interacts. These include hospitals, vocational training providers, schools and museums. Internationally, AARNet interconnects the Australian Research and Education (R & E) community to the world – and continuously develops new capabilities and partnerships to facilitate seamless data access and transfer.
AARNet also offers a suite of supporting applications to our customers. These include network and collaboration services such as CloudStor and Zoom, that enable innovation in the delivery of research and education.
We are an organisation of innovators, doers, and courageous thinkers. We are not constrained by traditional products and solutions and we constantly strive to build the solutions that our customers will need tomorrow – today. If you have the imagination, foresight and drive to build the future why not come and join us?
The Project Manager will provide key oversight on the Customer Experience Program of work which will see the rollout of Salesforce CPQ, Billing, and a new AARNet Customer Portal . The Project Manager will be accountable for budget management, resourcing, scheduling, risk and issues management, management reporting and presentations and stakeholder management.
The role will act as a change management agent training and promoting governance frameworks, templates and methodologies for improved project management delivery and quality assurance. The role will work with teams closing out project related activities, as well as providing guidance and support on project management frameworks. The Project Manager will provide related support, reviewing of technical templates, processes and procedures and closing out outstanding activities.
- Stakeholder management with the ability to guide teams and take people along the journey
- Scheduling, resourcing, budget management, risk and issues management
- End-to-end project delivery, from project initiation through to post implementation
- Timely project delivery within assigned budget allocations
- Assign work packages, ensuring project team morale, collaboration, and productivity
- Remove day-to-day project level roadblocks and impediments, providing team guidance and support
- Change management and training related to PMO frameworks:
- Scheduling, resourcing and budget management, roles and responsibilities, definitions
- Reviewing and ensuring quality standards of technical project templates, management reporting and presentations
- Promoting quality assurance throughout project lifecycle
- Carry out business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation
- Execution and maintenance of project tools and project related sites
- Coordination, follow-up and support on project related activities, promoting and ensuring project methodology, processes and procedures achieve quality standards
Expertise, experience & qualifications
- Have strong working knowledge of Jira for project delivery, user story development, and testing
- Strong technical background in project delivery
- Experience working within Agile and Waterfall environments
- Experience setting up and maintaining Wiki Confluence, Microsoft Teams, and Jira
- Strong end-to-end project management lifecycle experience
- Experience developing and completing new technical templates and quality assuring teams work
- Strong communication skills
- Proven change management and training experience
- Budget management, scheduling, resourcing, risks and issues management
- Strong stakeholder management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to work both as a team member and autonomously within an environment of conflicting priorities
- Ability to understand risks and challenges with a proven history of successful risk mitigation; Previous Business Analysis/ Solutions Architect/ Technical Lead background (ideal)
- IT and Project Management Certification(s)
- Strong technical IT background
- Strong verbal communication and written documentation skills
- Ability to engage and lead teams in the change management journey
- Strong engagement and stakeholder management skills including workshop facilitation
- Change management and training experience
- Worked within a project management environment
- Ability to multitask against competing priorities, flag risks and issues and escalations
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies, templates and frameworks
Conditions of employment
AARNet is committed to diversity and providing equal opportunity to all. We’re a great place to work if you want to make a difference. Remuneration will be based on skills and experience.