IT INTEGRATION Engineer
Office of the Chief Technology Office
Head of Software Development
Direct reports: 0
6 Month Maximum Term Contract full-time
Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) was established in 1989 and is widely regarded as the founder of the Internet in Australia and renowned as the architect, builder and operator of world-class network infrastructure for research and education.
We are Australia’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). We connect over one million users—researchers, faculty, staff and students—at institutions across Australia, supporting education and research across a diverse range disciplines including high energy physics, climate science, genomics, radio astronomy and the arts.
Nationally, AARNet interconnects Australian universities, the CSIRO, and other organisations who have a research and education mission, or with whom the education and research sector interacts. These include hospitals, vocational training providers, schools and museums. Internationally, AARNet interconnects the Australian Research and Education (R & E) community to the world – and continuously develops new capabilities and partnerships to facilitate seamless data access and transfer.
AARNet also offers a suite of supporting applications to our customers. These include network and collaboration services such as CloudStor and Zoom, that enable innovation in the delivery of research and education.
We are an organisation of innovators, doers, and courageous thinkers. We are not constrained by traditional products and solutions and we constantly strive to build the solutions that our customers will need tomorrow – today. If you have the imagination, foresight and drive to build the future why not come and join us?
The IT Integration Engineer role is responsible for the design and delivery of integrated IT applications for projects that enable AARNet to efficiently sell and support its network service products. The role, working as a team player in an Agile DevOps team, is responsible for the application architecture, technology selection, integration and delivery of high quality software solutions utilising both SaaS and containerized applications running on private clouds.
AARNet’s Customer Experience program is taking a holistic view of our customer interactions and addressing the pain points created through legacy siloed business processes and system design.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a person who enjoys bringing their skills to solve holistic business problems through changes that span a significant range of what are traditionally siloed applications in both the Business Support Systems (BSS) and Operating Support System (OSS) domains. We empower our people to deliver results
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on solutions that span technical and business domains to deliver lasting benefits to customers.
- Contribute to enterprise and data architecture plans and support refinement of enterprise roadmaps.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and refine requirements.
- Assess and evaluate various potential applications and solutions for fit against both business and operational requirements.
- Propose best technology solution after weighing up pros and cons of cloud based services, commercial off the shelf, open source and bespoke solutions.
- Maximise the value derived from each system by ensuring AARNet takes full advantage of the provided system capabilities.
- Deliver end to end integrated application solutions to fulfill business requirements.
- Deploy applications and changes into test and production environments as part of a DevOps team.
- Configure integration between systems using best practice integration patterns for given scenarios.
- Taylor and customise systems where to meet business requirements where required while being mindful of technical debt and pushing back on non-standard requirements where appropriate.
- Work to deliver outcomes as part of an Agile DevOps team.
- Ensure optimal performance, availability and resilience of applications.
- Resolve escalated operational support issues for core selected systems;
- Be responsible for technology lifecycle management activities of selected systems – capacity planning, roadmaps of upgrades and adoption of features sets in new versions.
TEAM WORK & RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Actively participate in Agile team ceremonies.
- Active project involvement from conception to finished product.
- Share knowledge and assist team members with skills development;
- Actively collaborate with a geographically dispersed team and internal and external stakeholders to contribute to project outcomes;
- Oversee work of consultants and vendor SMEs when required;
Expertise, experience & qualifications
- Experience with multiple application integration patterns and middleware solutions such as Mulesoft or Dell Boomi (preferred).
- Experience with integration to applications using standard connectors and custom APIs.
- Proven history of responsiblitiy for design and quality of production platforms supporting business critical functionality.
- Experience, passion and strong working knowledge in Agile delivery methodologies.
- Solid understanding of customer sales and service processes.
- Experience configuring Salesforce would be a bonus.
- Highly collaborative.
- Takes initiative to find solutions and owns the resolution of issues.
- Demonstrated ability and history of learning and adopting new applications and systems at speed. AARNet’s feature team model of DevOps delivery means team members get exposure to a wide range of systems that span business units.
- Able to thrive in small start-up like organisations that provide lots of autonomy