|Location:||Auckland, Auckland, Gisborne, Hawke's Bay, Hawke's Bay, Kapiti Coast District, Manawatu-Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, Taranaki, Taranaki, Waikato, Wellington, Wellington, Wellington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A role where no two days are truly never the same
- Training and development opportunities within the business
- Relocation assistance provided to move within NZ
Our Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
Due to the expansion of operations across New Zealand, we are looking for highly motivated and flexible Drain Layers to join our crews.
Drain Layers with Downer
Within the breadth of work we cover, Drain Layers work hands on within our construction and maintenance crews. In this role you’ll deliver on a range of civil infrastructure construction projects for both external clients and on new and our existing maintenance contracts.
You will primarily undertake the renewals of water, wastewater and storm water projects, completing reporting, plant maintenance and emergency repairs.
If you are innovative with introducing new ideas to current processes and enjoy taking responsibility for the work you produce, then this could be the opportunity for you!
What's on offer?
- Stable and supportive working environment
- A rewarding pay rate and tools of trade provided, including company vehicle and phone
- Guaranteed full time hours (minimum 40 hours per week)
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts across insurance providers, retail and trade suppliers
- Wide variety of projects – you won't be bored!
Along with your keen interest and experience in Drain Laying or Pipe Laying, you’ll also:
- Be a certified Drain Layer or working towards your qualifications
- High standard of workmanship as we’ll trust your skill to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Be physically fit and able to carry out manual tasks
- Strong safety and quality focus to keep the public and team safe
How to express your interest:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to http://www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 580100.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.