|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a full-time maximum term position for 3 years located at Perth, Head Office.
About the Role:
As a Western Power graduate, you will acquire a broad understanding of Western Power’s operations through rotational exposure across our business, 6 x 6-month rotations. As part of our three-year program, you will develop and apply knowledge about aspects of Western Power’s data and advanced analytics systems (potentially including machine learning and artificial intelligence) and how these are applied to solve a wide range of business and engineering problems.
As an It graduate you will develop and apply knowledge about aspects of Western Power’s corporate IT services and how they enable and enhance the organisation’s innovation and ongoing modern business needs and in the Cyber security area you will develop and apply knowledge to securing Western Power as a critical infrastructure organisation against an evolving threat landscape and helping to strengthen our risk posture.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking candidates studying the following disciplines: -
- Science (including Data Science),
- Technology (Computer Science)
- Mathematics (Applied Mathematics, Statistics)
- IT/Cyber Security
- Project Management
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- An enthusiastic approach to learning opportunities, including seeking and accepting feedback to enhance your own development and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and willing to work with a diverse range of people.
- Constructive behaviours in line with Western Power values
- Motivation and commitment to complete the graduate program
- Commitment to safety in the workplace
- Reside in WA and be either an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for then we want to hear from you! To apply for this role please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter.
As a business, we recognise that a diverse network of employees, reflective of the community we serve, is better able to understand and meet the needs of our customers. As an organisation who champions gender and cultural equality in our workplace, we actively encourage women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only (including New Zealand Citizens)
- If you are in possession of a current Graduate/Student visa valid for up to three years and your course of study is on the Graduate Occupation list as per the below link, you are able to apply for our graduate program:-
How to apply
- Interested candidates should apply online and submit an up-to-date resume, Cover Letter and Academic Transcript and Degree qualifications (if awarded). Please be sure to include the following in your resume:
- All qualifications received
- All relevant work experience
- Any extra curricular activities including volunteer work
- Any rewards or recognition received
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Salary: ASU EA Level 3.1P - $71,392 + 11% superannuation.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 30th April 2021
Does this role sound like you? If you're ready to be apart of something great, apply now!