|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, Day Rehabilitation (iREAP), 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
This position is responsible for the clerical management of the War Memorial Hospital multidisciplinary outpatient department and clerical staff. This position supports the Geriatric and Rehabilitation Medical Specialists and is pivotal in the management of the outpatient department with regard to frontline customer service, clinic bookings, billing and prioritisation of work to meet the clinical needs and demands of the department. The role provides operational supervision and support to outpatient clerical staff to facilitate appropriate problem solving, management of workload and leave planning. This includes effective people management to ensure a productive work environment and team culture.
- Demonstrated experience in the clerical management of busy outpatient clinics, including use of healthcare billing systems and experience with iPM and CHOC/eMR or similar systems
- Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity, including the rostering of staff and prioritisation of workloads
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills, including excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated well developed organisational and time management skills including the ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of medical terminology with a typing speed of 50wpm and 85% accuracy in medical Dictaphone typing
- Demonstrated experience in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and ability to accurately schedule meetings for multiple stakeholders and complete meeting minutes
- Demonstrated ability to respond and adapt to changing priorities and competing demands in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Proven leadership and collaboration to maintain a positive work culture, with the ability to implement change and develop new initiatives as required
This position is a full time permanent role.
Enquiries to: Genevieve Maiden
Allied Health & Integrated Care Manager
(02) 9369 0351
Position Description: PD_OP Administration Supervisor_April 2021.doc
Application guide: WMH Application Guide with forms May 2019.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 18th April 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.