Last updated 10 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are continuing to grow our team and as a result, we have two new vacancies in our Assurance team at Xero! We encourage flexible working arrangements at Xero so we’re open to full time or part time for these positions.
Reporting to the Head of Assurance, the Assurance Advisor will support and assist in the delivery of the Assurance plan to ensure Xero is appropriately positioned through its next exciting stage of growth. The purpose of the role is to provide the Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Board and the Executive team with assurance on key risks.
What you’ll bring with you
- Relevant tertiary qualification with at least some experience performing audit related activities
- Experience working in a big-4 CA firm or a large corporate environment
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to quickly understand specific business environment and business challenges
- Innovative and keen to create solutions to problems. An ability to think outside the square in terms of identifying ways to improve existing systems and processes
Not essential but a strong advantage if you have:
- Experience and understanding of IT processes including operations, security & change management
- Experience in planning and conducting audits in accordance with compliance requirements, particularly ISO 27001
Why you should join us:
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small businesses more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small businesses, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
We’re a bunch of awesome, diverse humans who love coming into work. Everyone loves it for different reasons. We're a big part of the small business community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups and generally being evangelical about small business and its value to the global economy.
We truly value our people and there’s an awesome package on offer that includes competitive base salary, Xero shares, Life Insurance and other benefits too.
If you’ve read all this, are interested and feel you’ve got lots to offer - apply now!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.