|Location:||Gold Coast, Perth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working with customers in mining operations for over 75 years, Mineral Technologies, a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide. Due to continued business growth we are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our multi-discipline engineering team based in our Perth office.
Working within a collaborative and dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to be involved in global projects developing high quality designs for mineral processing plant and equipment. Pivotal to this will be to manage the multi-disciplined engineering projects to support the strategic growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop cost effective engineering solutions for the mineral sands and iron ore industry.
- Manage a budget including accurate forecasting of costs and tracking progress to schedule.
- Oversee and contribute to the production of deliverables to an agreed quality.
- Coordinate and lead engineering resources, including forecasting project resource needs.
- Planning and ensuring the compliance to the safety in design process.
- Provide overall technical leadership on engineering design projects and collaborate other technical leaders within the engineering team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, both during the bidding phase to project execution.
- Actively participate and promote the Zero Harm Culture within Mineral Technologies.
- Comply with Mineral Technologies risk management process/policies to eliminate or minimise OHS and environmental risks, including promptly reporting hazards, near misses, injuries and incidents.
- Seek guidance on new and modified work procedures, while cooperating with any activities taken by Mineral Technologies to comply with OHS legislation.
- Ensure all tasks and activities are conducted within the requirements of the Downer and Mineral Technologies Quality, Environmental and Safety policies and procedures as detailed in the Downer/ Mineral Technologies business management systems.
- Degree qualified in Engineering (preferred Mechanical) with end to end project management experience gained from mineral processing plants (or similar).
- Credible experience leading engineering teams in a design environment would be highly advantageous.
- A strong understanding of design engineering/design construction management associated with wet process plants and associated infrastructure.
- An emotionally intelligent leader who values delivering exceptional service to both small to medium projects across our diverse clients both nationally and internationally.
- Experience in delivering projects to the highest safety standards considering cost control and budget preparation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company