|Location:||Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Bibra Lake, Brisbane, Docklands, Gateshead, Griffith, Hobart, North Sydney, South Australia, South Brisbane, Strathalbyn, Tasmania, Traralgon, Travis County, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently offering an Associate Director level opportunity for a well-rounded Credit Risk professional within the Credit Assurance team to provide second line independent review on both credit risk and compliance related activities within NAB’s Business and Private Bank.
You & your new role
As a Credit Risk professional, you will report to the Head of Credit Assurance and be performing a second line independent review and challenge on both credit risk and compliance related activities within Business and Private Bank.
The Credit Assurance function plays an important role within the organisation to ensure it manages its risks appropriately. You will be undertaking assurance reviews across NAB’s Business & Private Bank and share valuable insights to stakeholders and senior leaders regarding the outcome of those reviews. Your insights will include commentary on how the credit risk has been assessed, managed and whether core components of credit compliance have been adhered to.
To be successful in the role you will have tertiary related qualifications and several years’ experience working in credit risk or risk management, preferably within financial services. Prior experience in a credit assurance function would be beneficial.
Suitable applicants should have experience with the following:
- Strong business and financial acumen including use of expert judgement, problem solving skills and ability to distil large volumes of data / information.
- Experienced to lead review team and prepare assurance reports to stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to comfortably interact with stakeholders at various levels of the organisation from senior executives to team members.
- Natural curiosity and passion for sharing innovative ideas and experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactively taking ownership of personal and professional development.
- Business &/or agri lending experience either in a first line relationship manager or credit decisioning environment.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
Given the potential sale of MLC to IOOF, please be aware that MLC employees applying for this position will either:
a. In the case of secondments, need to return to their MLC substantive/home role by 30 April 2021. Secondments between MLC and NAB after 30 April will not be possible given MLC will be transitioning to a separate organisation*
b. In the case of permanent roles, an application received will imply the employee’s desire and consent to permanent transfer their employment to NAB.
*Please note, the sale of IOOF is still subject to APRA approval.