|Job Type:||Contract/Temp, Full Time|
As a national, leading provider to the utility infrastructure sectors, we have gained a great reputation for our breadth and depth of experience delivering design, construction and maintenance services for our clients.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team of 2900; working together to deliver exceptional outcomes.
We now have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Construction Manager in our successful and rapidly growing Project division at Zinfra. The primary purpose will be to lead, mentor, organise and oversee the construction of civil and electrical projects.
About the role:
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution and control of the project construction and installation, overall accountability for site activities including OH&S
- Management of the effective delivery of the project
- Overview the management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Provide Zinfra’s Project Manager with potential variation documentations
- Provide support and information to the Project Manager on construction related progress and issues
- Provide support and guidance to the Field Delivery Team Leaders
- Provide support and cooperation between all field and project teams
- Ensure the construction team comply with systems adopted on the project
- Assist the Project Manager with forecasting, budget control, program time-line updates, and company procedures/systems
- Maintaining compliance with specifications and standards
- Prepare documents as required throughout the life of the project
- Organise and manage site inductions if and when necessary.
- Previous experience as a Construction Manager (ideally with Australian power utility companies with focus on Zone substation projects involved electrical and civil works).
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with construction of electrical substation projects .
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills allowing the person to develop collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- High levels of self-motivation
- Ability to coordinate activities of the project team and personnel
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management or Engineering is a desirable
Please note: you must possess a current Australian driver’s licence and white card as travel between sites will be required.
At Zinfra, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave, leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Come join us