|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2021, with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this ongoing growth, we require additional Heavy Duty Mechanical technicians to commence within our Project Support Group . Initially these positions will be based at our Welshpool facilities for the duration of the conversions project and then will transition to fly in, fly out roles based on customer demand.
In these positions, duties will include working within a team to convert Cat 793F Off-Highway Trucks from a manned unit to an Autonomous-ready product. Experience working with either of these systems will be looked upon favourably.
Reporting to the Project Support Group Supervisor, your roster will be on an even time 7 days / nights on, 7 days off, 12.5 hours per shift.
At WesTrac we welcome people who align with our SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer in their everyday behaviours, actions and decisions.
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian Recognised Heavy-Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification.
- Previous experience with mining equipment essential.
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience.
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's.
- Ability to work successfully within a team, autonomously and unsupervised.
- Current C Class Licence.
What we offer:
- Discounted CAT products, health insurance and income protection.
- Opportunity to work with state of the art equipment.
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities.
- Safety first working culture in an inclusive work environment.
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral.
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more.
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.