|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results’ driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a phenomenal team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
What will I being doing to help with this vision?
As an Inside Sales Representative you will bring your passion for technology and your desire to make a difference in the way our business operates. You will be part of a team that look to expand and grow territories across the Enterprise and Commercial space. You will be:
- Using your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation and sell Splunk's award winning software in an assigned territory
- Inbound lead follow-up and status update through the company CRM system
- Outbound prospecting/Lead generation
- Qualifying inbound and outbound leads
- Scheduling product demos for qualified customers
- Running entire sales cycle from qualifying to closing deals
- Managing accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalised contact and understanding client’s needs
- Communicating solution values of products and services
- Accurately forecasting opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meeting/exceeding assigned revenue goals
- Partnering with a field representative
- Supporting attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
Who we’re looking for?
- Experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Owning & managing the entire sales cycle from prospecting, setting appointments and closing business (own quota not an overlay quota role)
- Consultative sales experience and challenging companies/business to think differently
- Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and quota
- Consistent track record of success in consultative sales environments
- Consistent track record of developing new business and managing sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A logical and analytical thinker
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Exceptional organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.