|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging everyone to bring their best each day.
Digital Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today. Microsoft Advertising is one of the biggest players in digital advertising, with product offerings in core Paid Search, Product Ads, Rich Ads and Native Advertising. We are innovating and growing our business rapidly by providing the advertising industry with a world-class online advertising platform and services.
Microsoft Advertising provides intelligent solutions that empower you to deliver engaging, personalized experiences that value people. We're committed to success, providing our customers with insights, technology and proven expertise to turn data into better-performing marketing campaigns.
Sales has steadily shifted focus over the past years – the customer buying cycle is more dynamic and focused on constant consumption and performance. Customer obsession drives great sellers to focus on how their solutions deliver value and customer lifetime value across Microsoft’s suite of offerings – a successful customer is a lasting customer. Are you a customer obsessed sales professional with a big interest in digital media? Are you ready to make Microsoft Advertising the next chapter in your career story? If so, as a Microsoft Advertising Digital Seller, you will identify, foster and grow business relationships with customers by offering a compelling portfolio of advertising products and innovative solutions to meet their business needs. By combining best in class sales skills with rich data science, you will empower advertisers around the world to perform and reach their maximum potential through paid search engine marketing (SEM) on our high-growth search engine, Bing, along with new ad products such as native and product ads. Lastly, you will be part of a team that is at the forefront of the transition to a client organization with cross-sell engagements that extend to all other Microsoft products, aligning a global and diverse capability to meet additional customer needs
- The AE will be responsible for bringing in new business to meet/exceed new business revenue targets
- Make outbound calls into new competitive accounts
- Leverage internal and external resources to drive net new business through high conversion rate of sales leads
- Create and maintain a robust Prospecting Plan including Territory Management and Prospecting objectives
- Adopt Microsoft’s culture of sales excellence, including established sales processes, pipeline management, forecast accuracy, maintain tool and reporting accountabilities, and a focus on core role KPI’s.
- For acquired customers, develop quality customer plans laying out revenue and customer satisfaction growth strategies and partnering with Account Specialist to manage for 6 months in order to reach full graduation potential
- Collaborate with internal teams to improve customer satisfaction, remove blockers, and create a seamless customer experience.
- Act as an ambassador and representative for Microsoft in the advertising and media community.
- Develop network of strong relationships with key search and media industry influencers, customers and partners. Develop and maintain a high- level understanding of the search industry and trends affecting or influencing the marketplace.
- Continually strengthen your Microsoft Advertising and Search Industry expertise including accountability for your career development
- Advocate diversity and respect by creating a collaborative, trust-based work environment where differences in communication style are considered, and the perspectives of others are respected and valued.
- The individual in this role will bring search knowledge, new business development and customer acquisition experience, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, all while delivering exceptional results over time.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience in search advertising and 2 – 3 years closing new business
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, measured against revenue and customer satisfaction
- Relentless focus on the customer experience while balancing the needs of the business
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for search and technology and its use in driving revenue, efficiency, customer and employee satisfaction
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, ability to scale across all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel, as required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.