|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Can you provide excellent admin and client support services?
- Assist with the effective operation of Digital Careers and Generation STEM
- Join CSIRO Education and Outreach and make a difference!
CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) is seeking a motivated Business Support Officer to join the national Business and Operations team. In this diverse role, you will be providing administrative and client support services to assist with the effective operation of the Digital Careers and Generation STEM programs, to ultimately deliver on CSIRO’s strategy.
You will be involved in the implementation and operational support of policies, IT systems and procedures that assist the Digital Careers and Generation STEM programs to achieve their objectives and meet Government and regulatory responsibilities – including Child Safety responsibilities.
Generation STEM is a $25 million 10-year initiative that works with industry, government and education sectors to support, train and retain students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) career pathways in NSW.
Digital Careers delivers real world, future-focused education initiatives to help students pursue an exciting digital career.
Your duties will include:
- Providing professional, client focused, customer interaction by monitoring and responding to Digital Careers and Generation STEM enquiries via email and telephone.
- Supporting the Digital Careers, Generation STEM and Business Operations teams with administration tasks as required.
- Data entry and database/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) administration to support the Digital Careers and Generation STEM teams.
- Coordinating events and external activities to support the Generation STEM team.
Location: Sydney (North Ryde) preferred, other locations by negotiation
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 6th September 2023
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as Webex, CRM systems, learning management and travel booking systems to manage processes and online transactions.
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service/support to both internal and external clients by demonstrating the ability to convey information and ideas clearly and establish effective interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of clients both internal, external and online.
- To be able to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- A history of managing competing demands, establishing priorities, organising tasks and meeting deadlines, and escalating issues when required.
- Effective communication skills in multiple forms such as email, telephone, face to face, online with sound writing skills.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- An understanding of how to work safely with children.
- A valid Australian Class C driver's licence and to be willing and able to travel locally and interstate.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent and have a valid Working with Children Check or the willingness and ability to gain one.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role. There is also a free text screening question to address as part of the application process.
18 April 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.