At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Sweeney is a fully integrated part of the EY Consulting business, offering research and strategy planning services to a wide range of businesses across Australia. We are a major player in the market research industry, with a client-centric, outcome-driven approach.
Our Consulting division provides recommendations to our clients based on market research data, and the quality of this work has won some of Australia’s largest projects in the market research industry.
Your key responsibilities
As part of the EY Sweeney team, you will be expected to consistently deliver high quality data and strive to achieve assigned quotas during your shift. Our team prides itself on working collaboratively and encouraging regular open communication between field staff and our leadership team office.
The role involves heading out in small teams across the greater Melbourne region and recording observational data, via a Samsung tablet, of people traveling in and around Melbourne.
The project will be running 6-7 days a week from 27th April through 30th May with the below style shifts:
- Weekday AM (6:30 AM to 11:00 AM)
- Weekday PM (2:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
- Weekend (9:45 AM to 5:00 PM)
Skills and attributes for success
We’d love to learn more about you if you have:
- A strong interest in the data collection process and adherence to data integrity
- Ability to understand and follow correct procedures with minimal errors
- Demonstrated fluency in spoken and written English
- Adaptability to work in dynamic environments
- Willingness to work on your feet in outdoor environments for various shift lengths
- Punctuality and professional presentation at all times
- Excellent communication skills with respondents, stakeholders, and the greater EY Sweeney team
- Experience in market research (highly regarded but not essential)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Minimum availability of four days a week (weekends inclusive)
- Eligibility to work in Australia (International students/WHV holders are welcome)
- A car and valid driver’s license to effectively reach some of the locations