|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
This role will lead the Design and Engineering function for projects and is accountable to the engineering leadership team for day to day operations and line of business activities.
- Ensure the design documentation satisfies the project requirements,
- Ensure that the design team provides all necessary support to the procurement, construction and commissioning teams,
- Monitor and control timeliness of outputs for all design and liaise with the management to ensure project requirements are satisfied,
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision and inspirational management to all team members (direct & indirect).
- Tertiary degree qualification to Bachelor status in Engineering
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally
- Experience in rail signalling and telecommunications systems design and installation
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.