|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sydney NSW, Australia; Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in strategy consulting, account planning, marketing research or marketing.
- Experience developing stories and sales narratives.
- Experience managing first and third-party research and tools.
- Knowledge of customer value chain and industry.
- Knowledge of the digital landscape, including digital marketing.
- Ability to recognize granular as well as big-picture issues.
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As Strategy and Insights Manager, you will work cross-functionally within the Finance vertical across several sales teams to define a strategy for partnering with the leaders of many of Australia’s largest finance organizations to build relationships and deliver results using Google’s advertising platforms. Using a strategic approach, problem solving mindset and eagerness to get to the root issue, you’ll help sales teams identify and solve problems. You’ll develop powerful industry and consumer insights and turn them into compelling stories that inspire internal and external stakeholders to think differently.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Develop a unique industry and consumer point of view and narratives for Google.
- Help lead strategic planning for the finance vertical and identify customer problems and opportunities for Google across Australia and New Zealand.
- Develop insights using a variety of internal and external sources and in some cases lead consumer-focused primary research programs and translate into commercial, actionable narratives.
- Engage and influence executive internal and external relationships with customers and the industry.
- Partner with the sales team to translate customer strategy into action that will drive business outcomes for our customers and Google.