|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Great exposure to Primary Connect - Woolworths Limited distribution network
- Use your passion for transport, logistics and people
- Great opportunities for future career progression
As Australia's biggest retail group, Woolworths Limited has the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. With recent expansion into home improvement, financial services and award-winning multi-channel initiatives, our innovation and customer obsession is changing the face of Australian retail. Our Logistics division employs in excess of 8,000 people across a national network of distribution centre and transport operations moving millions of cartons each day.
About The Role
We are currently seeking to appoint a passionate and motivated leader for our Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) based at Wyong, on the Central Coast of NSW. In this role you are primarily responsible for effectively managing the operational performance of the Distribution Centre. With a strong background in leadership and commitment to a high performance culture, you will demonstrate an understanding of operations, strong communication skills, and the natural ability to inspire people to perform to the best of their ability. In this role your key responsibilities may include:
- Lead and manage the operations function of the Distribution Centre to achieve business performance targets around cost, safety, quality, production, service level and capability
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to, promoting safety policies and procedures on an on-going basis
- Lead, motivate and engage reports through the use of effective people management processes and practices, building their capability to achieve individual, team and overall DC objectives
- Build and promote a team environment focused on working collaboratively to achieve DC objectives
- Use effective communication techniques which encourage open and honest communications and constant information flow
- Manage operation costs, ensuring resource planning is within budget and meets workload forecasts
- Oversee effective DC inventory management, quality & cleaning activities
- Role model and lead cultural change and changes in new operations
- Implement continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Understand and adhere to all relevant Company Policies and Procedures and to promote same amongst teams
This role reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
You Will Have
- Demonstrated achievements in senior operations leadership positions preferably in a blue-collar environment
- Experience in any process-oriented industry is essential, with retail knowledge preferred
- Substantial experience in managing warehouse and distributions operations and comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain operations
- Demonstrated achievements in service delivery, cost management, team leadership, quality and process improvement
- A demonstrated ability to respond effectively to change and to raise performance standards as changes in the environment create opportunities to do so
- Personal "hands on" leadership and coaching skills, including the ability to handle a number of business units and areas of responsibility
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to consistently deliver outcomes through others
- Working knowledge of a broad range of distribution centre systems
- Good planning and problem solving skills and ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
We Will Offer You
- Attractive Remuneration Package - including base salary, super and incentive scheme.
- Added Benefits - Including staff discount, free secure parking
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
As part of creating a safe working environment, our Distribution Centres operates under a Drug & Alcohol Policy for all those on site. Employees are subject to possible random testing, and applicants to this role can expect to undergo tests as part of the recruitment process, in addition to a full physical.
If you have the energy, edge and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we want to hear from you!
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.