|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people. Nearmap's software engineers bring fresh ideas from all areas, including GIS, imagery distribution, 3D modelling, large scale system design, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We are looking for an Software Engineering Manager to join our Front-End Apps team. You will be leading a small team of front-end engineers, work on projects critical to our needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across our growing range of products as we continue to push technology forward.
You will also maintain a reporting relationship with a small group of Software Engineers, with the focus of this role being 80% JS coding and 20% people and process management. You will act as career coach, facilitate their career progression, and manage performance when necessary. At Nearmap we care that each Software Engineer is happy and fulfilled in their role, and you will play an integral part in this.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
A typical day will involve this
- Design, implement and deploy highly-visible, user-facing features.
- Design and develop large scale web applications.
- Create and maintain UI components in line with our design system.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work closely with wider Engineering team and contribute to improvement initiatives.
- Champion & assist with implementation of continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- People manager for team of Software Engineers. Driving high performance in the team through managing, coaching and providing quality feedback.
- Hold reports accountable with clear, measurable goals.
- Identify need for training and professional development for each report.
- Foster great working relationships, with full transparency, mutual respect, collaboration and communication.
- Maintaining test coverage for code you write at the unit and functional levels
- Experience with software build tools and continuous integration tools
- People management skills, or strong desire to move your career in that direction.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, test automation and cloud infrastructure
- A passion for continuous improvement, agile methodologies and lean software development
- Strong people skills
- A team player
- Takes initiative, a self-starter
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a positive attitude, even when under pressure
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Some of our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Please note: Successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This role will be located in Sydney, we will not relocate this role. All applicants must be available to interview in Sydney.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.