|Job Type:||Full Time|
A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Estimating Manager to join our operations within our Asset Services Business Unit based in Perth.
Committed to drive continuous improvement, innovative, cost effective process solutions and growth the successful candidate will join a well-developed, highly interactive team. Focussing on procedures and controls to enable accurate, timely and reliable
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Allocation of tendering workload to relevant Estimating staff;
- Responsible for the development of accurate and competitive pricing for labour, material and sub-contract costs for all tenders undertaken by the Estimating team;
- Submission of superior quality tenders containing new ideas and initiatives which differentiate from our competitors;
- Facilitate continuous improvement of the estimating function by analysing past work and implementing improvement;
- Maintain effective relationships through regular contact with customers, consultants and end users in price negotiations whilst maintaining customer satisfaction;
- Develop and maintain SMP estimating resource libraries and software to ensure estimating staff are using current pricing and rates; and
- Ensure that Preliminary Commitment Notices, Tender Preparation Requests and Tender Submission Requests are completed for all tender enquiries and are signed off by the relevant authority as required by Downer procedures.
- Degree preferred or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years in heavy engineering or construction experience at a Senior Estimator/Estimating Manager role;
- Understands the process of Engineering Construction Estimating from Proposals Development to finalisation of major industrial project Pricing and Estimates;
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple tasks with conflicting/strict deadlines;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Excellent communication skills to build positive internal and external working relationships
- High levels of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive and dynamic team;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Flexible working environment; and
- Opportunity to build a professional career in a multi-disciplined business.
Downer is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where they encourage females and indigenous people to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY button.
Please email Belinda.Rowan@downergroup.com for further information. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES