At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
You’ll team with EY professionals and client stakeholders to advise many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and investment funds on some of the most complex deals. You’ll be advising clients throughout the transaction lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the tax risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager you will be a vital member of the team developing and implementing transactions, while helping to manage all aspects of the engagement. You’ll spend your time on a diverse array of projects and clients in a highly collaborative culture. We’ll work with you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources and client stakeholders while developing and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions for investment funds and strategic corporate clients across a broad range of sectors
- Manage overall engagement, engagement economics and engagement teams across the EY global network. Help provide growth and learning opportunities to junior professionals, while providing clear and direct feedback on overall performance
- Assist in the review and analysis of the tax aspects of legal agreements and draft tax opinion letters and memoranda
- Identify and analyse tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
- Review, assess, and advise clients regarding tax computations reflected in their financial models; and assist clients in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the tax data in their financial projections for the transaction
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working across a broad range of Australian tax matters and specifically involvement in transactions (including M&A, fund raising and financing arrangements)
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary