|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
NEWest Alliance is a multidisciplinary collaboration between CPB Contractors and Downer, working with the Public Transport Authority to deliver over $1.2 billion of works as part of METRONET.
Across two projects (Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link), the Alliance will add 32 kilometres of track to Perth's rail network, 5 new stations and 3 station modifications as well as 14 kilometres of principal shared path.
Together the projects are set to create 3000 jobs and once operational will give residents of the northern and southern suburbs greater access to employment and training, entertainment and recreation hubs.
We are now seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Project Engineer Overhead Line (OLE/OHW) to join our progressive Rail / Civil Infrastructure team to help build sustainable, long lasting infrastructure solutions.
You will have an exciting opportunity to join rail Metronet team and commence early on the project as part of a plan, design and construct rail team where you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and have a major impact on project outcomes.
Your key responsibilities:
- Plan OLE possessions within multi-disciplined passenger rail environment
- Entry into service of OLE after construction works.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and surveyors during OLE construction
- Coordinate engineering activities to ensure that project plans are implemented in accordance with designs and specifications.
- Work with designers to ensure constructability of designs.
- Assist with the writing of Scope of works and tender documents.
- Assist with preparation of site construction budgets and reports.
- Monitor construction progress against program.
- Manage direct labour and sub-contractors.
- Ability to devise and manage short term project plans and resource requirements.
- Implement company and project OHS, QA and Environmental management systems.
- Provide direction to Site Engineers.
- Demonstrated capability in 25kV AC OLE Construction and Engineering in Electrified Rail infrastructure projects.
- Possession planning experience within multi-disciplined Electrified rail environment is essential.
- Skills in OLE Test and Commissioning.
- Knowledge of OLE Plant capabilities.
- Knowledge of OLE Material procurement.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level computer skills with significant exposure to the MS Office suite of applications
- 7+ years experience.
To apply for this opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact Rebecca Jayatilaka via email firstname.lastname@example.org