|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
UGL’s Renewable’s Project team in Sydney is looking for an experienced Operations Engineer to join the team. As Operations Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating engineering support in relation to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and ensuring exceptional performance of solar and renewable generation facilities. This role may require site visits to prepare facilities for handover to O&M, site troubleshooting, as well as coordinating scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and audit activities.
Main responsibilities will include but not limited\:
- Liaising and supporting site supervisors
- Performance Monitoring of Solar Farms
- Responding to technical queries from clients / NSP / AEMO
- Preparing and reviewing weekly, monthly and yearly performance and O&M reports
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports, training presentations and protocols
- Site Control via SCADA and other monitoring and control platforms
- Solar Asset Management
- You will have relevant Tertiary Engineering qualifications
- You will have large scale utility solar experience You will have site experience in the HV power utilities or generation industry (including transmission or distribution experience)
- You will have a strong knowledge of control systems including RTU’s, PLC’s and Historian
- You will have demonstrated experience in Project/Design/Handover engineering on primary and secondary electrical equipment
- You will have a sound knowledge of Australian standards, good engineering practice and the applicable statutory requirements with respect to Electrical systems in power and electrical systems
- Exceptional communication skills
What we Offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safet
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
UGL does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, UGL explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of UGL and in the absence of a signed Agreement, UGL will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee.