|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
WARRANTY OFFICER – Tomago
About the role
WesTrac is currently seeking an experienced Warranty Officer to work with the Product Support team. The Warranty Officer is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all Service Department warranty and service letter claims. This role further ensures that maximum recovery of costs from Caterpillar is received.
Reporting to the Warranty Manager, this position is based at our facility in Tomago, just 30 minutes from Newcastle and is available on a Monday to Friday roster, 8 hour days working 8:30am-5pm.
- Identifying, reporting and escalating any risk that could affect the business bottom line identified in the warranty function
- Ensuring compliance with procedures and work instructions to reduce risk and ensure cost effective workflow relevant to the warranty function
- Providing input towards business unit metrics and CAT KPI targets
- Ensuring data correctness on-time and available to be utilised for reporting requirements
- Ensuring warranty claims submitted with CAT Policy, ensuring maximum recovery to WesTrac
- Ensuring up to date sound knowledge and administration of CAT allowed and provided Claim allocation
- Providing warranty training and education to internal customers
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience processing warranty claims
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage fluctuating workloads and conflicting priorities
- Attention to detail, developed analytical and problem solving ability
- Intermediate computer literacy skills (MS Office Suite)
- Previous WesTrac & CAT systems knowledge and experience, e.g. DBS, Claimsi. SIMSi and SIMS
- Experience in a Service or Parts role
- Competitive salary
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job number: 879306.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.