|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
- Help solve technically complex, strategic/high-profile or long-running customer cases that may require interaction with Software Engineering
- Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
- Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
- Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
- Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
- Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
- Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
- Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
Security clearance – Baseline accepted but higher clearance preferred (NV1 and NV2)
If you currently do not hold government clearance and willing to obtain clearance, you must be an Australian Citizen to qualify.
- Strong network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as
o Routing & Switching Protocols,
o TCP/, DNS, QoS, SIP
o VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies
- Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory
- Knowledge of Office 365 technologies – particularly, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Experience in Office 365 Authentication and voice offerings
- Expert knowledge of voice protocols such as SIP, as well as Azure AD Connect
- Previous experience deploying, administering and/or supporting Enterprise Unified Communications solutions
- Ability to analyse and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP, Unified Communications
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems on Skype for Business Online, Microsoft Teams, Hybrid environments set up with Lync Server 2013, Skype for Business Server 2015-2019.
- Experience working with network capture/analysis tools: Netmon, WireShark, HTTPs decryption tools
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.