|Job Type:||Full Time|
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business, continues to secure new work and build on our reputation as a market leader in delivering some of Australia’s major Transport Infrastructure projects in Perth, WA.
As we enter a critical growth phase and transition into a major player in the sector, an excellent career opportunity is now available for an Environment and Sustainability Advisor to join our team at an existing Metronet project in Kelmscott, Perth
This current project has 9 months programme remaining with opportunities for the right candidate to transfer to future projects within the business
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an opportunity for an experienced Environment and Sustainability Advisor to join our project office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing environmental technical advice, training and assistance to the Project
- Identify, assess and manage environmental hazards
- Ensure compliance environmental approvals, permits, licences and consents
- Lead sustainability performance and identification of best practice initiatives
- Amend, implement and audit the Construction Environmental Management Plan and Sustainability Management Plan
- Develop, implement and deliver Project environmental inductions, toolboxes and training
- Establish and maintain Project environmental registers, including permitting and approvals, risk, obligations, ground disturbance, soil tracking, waste management and tracking, native fauna interaction, water management, trench inspections, and inspections, audits and monitoring
- Develop, implement and report on project environmental monitoring programs
- Undertake field inspections and audits on environmental performance criteria, compliance and defects and respond to incidents
- Maintain strong relationships with client environment and sustainability professionals
You are a strong communicator with effective problem-solving skills. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Management or a related field
- 5 years site-based experience in environmental management preferably based on infrastructure projects
- Sound understanding of Western Australia Environmental Legislation with proven ability to review and interpret relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice and contractual requirements to comply with environmental industry requirements
- Demonstrated ability in developing and interpreting approvals documents and preparing reports and monitoring compliance documentation
- Strong data collection and analytical skills
- Effective time and people management skills including planning and sequencing of work, and personal time management
- ISCA experience highly desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. If you are focused and aspired to grow your career in a challenging and leading-edge environment, you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact Cliona Ryan via email Cliona.email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS