|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Sydney NSW, Australia; Melbourne VIC, Australia; Brisbane QLD, Australia; Canberra ACT, Australia
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in public sector consulting or sales
- Experience working with the decision-makers in the public sector (i.e.e CXOs, bureaucrats, politicians, etc.)
- Experience working with and managing partners
- Experience with public sector procurement and commercial / legal agreements
- Experience serving within public sector responsible for missions with an understanding of cloud
- Understanding of any of the public sector domains such as education, healthcare, human services
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
About the job
As a member of the Google Cloud team, you inspire leading companies, schools, and government agencies to work smarter with Google tools like Google Workspace, Search, and Chrome. You advocate the innovative power of our products to make organizations more productive, collaborative, and mobile. Your guiding light is doing what’s right for the customer, you will meet customers exactly where they are at and provide them the best solutions for innovation. Using your passion for Google products, you help spread the magic of Google to organizations around the world.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in the rapidly growing public sector business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers, develop strategy for driving their mission outcomes, pitch relevant solutions, and help shape the future of how they use technology to solve real world problems. As a Strategic Business Executive, you'll work on identifying, developing, and establishing some of the most strategic opportunities in the country, leveraging existing relationships with C-level executives, developing new ones, and acting as a business partner to our customers. You will use the innovative power of our solutions to make agencies, academic institutions, and government entities more productive, collaborative, and mobile. You will identify and work with a vast set of Google Cloud partners to solve for these mission goals.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Understand each customer's business drivers, strategic growth plans, and technology strategy, to identify, develop, and close the most strategic opportunities together with sales, customer engineer, and partner teams on the ground
- Shape and influence the market at large to remove barriers for Google Cloud
- Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction and act as an advisor to the customer
- Identify and support joint go-to-market with Google Cloud partners
- Support account strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working collaboratively with sales teams, customer engineers, and Google partners