|Job Type:||Full Time|
Qube Bulk provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods. We also deliver a range of tanker services from pneumatic operations for cement and lime through to bulk liquid tankers for fuel and sulphuric acid.
Qube Bulk is an industry leader in safety initiatives and innovation through advanced In-Vehicle Management Systems (IVMS), fleet monitoring, supply chain management technology and equipment performance-based standards engineering.
Due our continued growth we are in the market for an experienced and long term Logistics site based Superintendent to join the growing site based team at Leinster, Northern Goldfields.
- 8:6 roster
- FIFO ex Perth
- BHP camp
- Competitive market salary package on offer
- Full Time, long tern career
The primary purpose of the Site Superintendent role is to act as the operational supervisor for day-to-day haulage and transport activities across our Leinster operation. This role will see you work back to back with another Site Superintendent across the site.
- Act as the primary point of contact for our Client in establishing the requirements for the project
- Create and articulate the work plan to implement the requirements outlined by the Client and process all documentation accordingly.
- In conjunction with the site manager, plan for and implement work flow in order to ensure maintenance and housekeeping requirements are met.
- Coordinate and supervise Operators and staff on the ground
- Compliance records, reports and information in connection with the supervisory responsibilities
- Observe, direct and correct operating behaviour of employees under supervision to ensure safe work practices
- Conduct toolbox talks as required in order to communicate key operational issues associated with the shift
- Observe Qube policies and procedures as they apply to the tasks assigned
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, ensuring that any safety breaches or incidents are reported immediately to the Site Manager or SSH&E Manager
Zero Harm reflects our belief that we operate in an environment where risks are managed and that work does not impact on our people’s health and wellbeing.
Avoid Taking Unjustifiable Risks
- Identify, assess and report all known and newly identified hazards and incidents in the workplace
- Implement effective risk controls
- Participate in the monitoring, review and evaluation of implemented risk controls
- Stop work where there is an imminent danger and escalate to the appropriate supervisor/manage
- Follow the requirements of the SHEMS documentation including Rules, Procedures and Instructions
- Identify system shortcomings and opportunities for improvement
- Report to duty in a fit state, free from fatigue the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment and operate plant equipment safely
- Participate in consultation activities regarding matters affecting your health, safety and welfare
- Participate in relevant safety training and maintaining your safety related competencies
- Engage in Work only when in possession of required and current Certificates of Competence
Qualifications and Experience
- Mandatory requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Manual driver’s licence
- Computer/IT literate - Basic skills in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Focus on safety
- Customer focused and responsive to customer requirements
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Managing risk
- Planning and problem solving ability
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Performance and outcome driven
- Analytical & financial understanding
- Time management skills
Sound like you?
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form. OR email an up to date CV to email@example.com
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.