At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
About the Role
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, within the Site Services team your duties will include:
- Performing all duties expected of a maintenance Electrician;
- Working from schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals, and recording any modifications;
- Highly logical thinker with strong analytical skills for a high level of problem solving;
- Having a sound understanding of AS3000, AS3008, AS3017;
- Repairs and servicing on Fixed Plant Equipment;
- Carrying out all activities within the whole - of - job scope, including pre-work, JHA, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks;
- Scoping and executing shut activities in order to reach our OSE targets;
- Ensuring that we meet out statutory obligations in accordance to MSIA.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in mining, construction or heavy industry;
- Current WA 'A' Grade Electrical Licence is mandatory;
- Able to obtain MSIC & PPA access card is mandatory;
- Open Cabling endorsement is desirable;
- Instrumentation experience is desirable;
- HIAB, EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates is desirable;
- A through working knowledge of systems and procedures within the HSEC, Supply, SAP and Quality Assurance arenas;
- Minimum of C class manual driver’s licence is mandatory.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.