|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
A bit about WORK180
Why join us?
- Help create a platform that is at the forefront of a new workplace revolution. Be a catalyst for change and help put an end to workplace discrimination, so that everyone is valued equally, and businesses can enjoy the benefits of a truly diverse workforce.
- Work with talented engineers. We're a high performing team that builds products used by people around the world. We achieve great results by supporting each other and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Take on exciting and challenging problems. You’ll be involved in everything from the decision making, planning, building, and running of our products, internal systems, and processes.
- Join a small team at a magical time. We're still small, and we have ambitious plans for the future. You'd help steer the ship and have a say in what we build and how we build it.
The WORK180 Story
After spending 10 years in the tech industry, Gemma Lloyd and Valeria Ignatieva knew there had to be a better way for women to identify workplaces that weren’t the typical “boys club” environments.
WORK180 was born in Australia in 2015. Our goal was to improve workplaces for women and connect the best employers with top talent. Four years later, we have influenced positive change beyond our dreams.
WORK180 is achieving what no other job platform has done before. Businesses that do not meet our benchmark are not allowed to advertise their jobs. Employers are lifting the bar when it comes to creating supportive workplaces for women. This includes increasing paid parental leave, closing gender pay gaps and increasing the number of women in leadership.
Remote life at WORK180
We're a 100% remote company, but we're still a tight-knit team!
Working remotely has many unique benefits and challenges, and you'll have the flexibility and support to find what works for you.
Some of the ways we stay connected:
- Company conferences - last year, we met on the Gold Coast.
- Regular state-based catchups. Coworking, coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks.
- Introductions to people in different teams to help them catch up in person or remotely. (We use a Slack plugin called Donut to help facilitate this).
- Monthly virtual social events like trivia
About this role
What will you do as a Staff Software Engineer at WORK180?
- Work with the Engineering Manager to set the technical direction for the company.
- Develop, and troubleshoot the technical systems that will power WORK180’s ambitious growth.
- Identify deep-rooted, systemic issues within our platform and lead initiatives to address them.
- Ensure the engineering team uses an inclusive process for making technical decisions.
- Introduce improvements that help the entire team become more productive.
- Mentor and coach the engineering team to help reach their own technical goals.
- Design systems and solutions that can be implemented by other engineers.
- Uphold a high standard of technical rigour and excellence in the engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
We want to hear from you if...
- You have deep and broad knowledge of distributed systems that power large web applications.
- You have production experience building and scaling web applications to efficiently and securely serve thousands of users.
- You are highly proficient in backend frameworks such as ASP.NET Core (or Java equivalent).
- You are proficient in frontend frameworks such as React and Next.js.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have experience with algorithms and data structures, databases, containerization, and Unix/Linux systems
If this role and culture sound fitting to you, please apply now.