|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your Electrical experience to this key role and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a small, strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an Electrical Engineer withinin our team in Portsmith, Queensland.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Project Manager HISSC (Hydrographic In-Service Support Maintenance), Engineering Annual Program of Works (EAPW), you will be responsible for delivering the electronic/electrical engineering outputs of the assigned project (s) within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule.
In addition to this, you will also be responsible for the following:
- Derive electronic/electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and electronic system requirements reviews.
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements.
- Undertake the translation of the electronic/electrical system design into a manufacturable product and incorporate design for manufacture factors.
- Undertake the integration and validation of complex electronic/electrical system designs with challenging physical and functional properties.
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to a minimum of NV1.Previous experience within the electrical/electronic engineering discipline.
- Electrical or Electrical/Electronic or Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering degree qualified.
- Knowledge and comprehension of AS/NZS ISO 9000 series.
- High level communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Experience in being responsible for the development of electronic/electrical equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of hardware solutions.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online here.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise "@baesystems.com" as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.