|Job Type:||Full Time|
Infrastructure Projects (IP), a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business, continues to secure new work and build on our reputation as a market leader in delivering some of Australia’s major Transport Infrastructure projects in Perth & across regional WA.
As we enter a critical growth phase and transition into a major player in the sector, an excellent career opportunity is now available for an Operations Manager – Major Infrastructure Projects (Perth) to join our team, based out of our Head Office in Canning Vale.
We are currently successfully delivering 2 key Metronet projects (current value $1BN+) in the Perth Metro area, where we are working both as the sole delivery partner to our clients and as part of key joint venture operations.
Reporting directly to the Regional General Manager for Infrastructure projects in WA you will be working closely with our existing projects and managing our involvement whilst we go through the process of tendering for an additional $2BN worth of work.
On offer is permanent position with the opportunity to grow and develop this new sector of Downer IP works in WA. This role will suit a skilled manager with the ability to understand both internal & external relationship management, solid commercial & contractual knowledge coupled with a sharp mind and a keen eye.
What we are looking for in you:
- Ideally you will have qualifications in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Many years of demonstrated experience in leadership roles in the delivery of Major Infrastructure Projects in Australia or Internationally
- Substantial exposure to resource planning and business / project management
- Astute in the oversight & preparation of project budgets and review of financial information to make sound business decisions
- You will be an active team member in the preparation of tenders and negotiations of contracts
- Possesses strong negotiation & problem solving skills
- Built a reputation on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
What we offer:
- Highly competitive market salary
- Opportunity to work with a supportive and team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Respect for your knowledge and ideas that you will bring to the table
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume.
For more information, please email Cliona.email@example.com .
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time.