|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mechanical Process Maintainer
- Multiple permanent full-time opportunities - Bell Bay, Tasmania
- Join a team where diversity of thought and new ways of thinking are truly valued
- Personal ongoing training and development to further your career ambitions
- If you can work well with people, and value safety this could be perfect for you!
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for x4 Mechanical Process Maintainers to work within the Asset and Management team.
These roles are a great opportunity for someone who has a desire to work in a well-established maintenance environment and use your already acquired skills.
We care about inclusion and diversity and we are offering people interested to continue their career development.
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance and working a roster of either Monday–Thursday or Tuesday–Friday you will be:
- Fault finding and managing planned and breakdown work;
- Communicating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Working autonomously as well as within a team.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Trade qualified in Fitting and Machining (Certificate III)
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- Current C class drivers licence
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking, and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world’s most widely used metals.
Active in the sector for more than 110 years, today we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries, and have the world’s most modern and competitive aluminium smelter portfolio.
Our Pacific Operations sites are located along the east coast of Australia, at the tip of the Northern Territory and in New Zealand’s south. With more than 6,000 employees, we operate a full value chain approach—mining, refining and smelting. Our portfolio includes four bauxite mines, two refineries, four smelters and one power station, and is supported by technical experts located in our Brisbane hub, including a fully operational Operations Centre for our bauxite mines.
Bell Bay Aluminium is based approximately 50 kilometres from Launceston in Northern Tasmania, and 5km from George Town. The smelter produces primary aluminium products.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.