|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Use your expertise in protein purification
- Interact with clients to help them grow their biotech and biomedical research
- Join CSIRO Manufacturing and make a difference!
CSIRO Manufacturing is seeking an experienced Protein Purification Scientist to join the Protein Production team. This team engages with Australian Biotech and Biomedical researchers to produce and purify proteins to enable their research to grow. Our clients are from academic institutions, SMEs or large biotech companies, and the projects vary from research grade materials to manufacture of biologics for clinical trials. We produce proteins from milligram to multi-gram scale, from microbial, insect or mammalian cells, with the proteins untagged or tagged, soluble or insoluble.
As the Protein Purification Scientist, you will interact with clients to understand their needs and assist with project planning and budgeting. In addition, you will present written and verbal reports to clients. Your extensive experience in protein purification, including using automated methods, will be the key to your success in this role.
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with clients to understand their needs and developing research proposals and budgets for small projects.
- Carrying out protein purification research including developing novel processes and applying established processes including affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion and other methods.
- Protein analysis including SDS-PAGE, SEC, ELISA, endotoxin and other methods as required.
- Attending client meetings as required which may be conducted remotely or involve travelling to the client site.
Location: Melbourne, VIC (please note this role will commence in Parkville and will transfer to Clayton later in 2021)
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or a related field.
- Extensive experience in protein purification using chromatographic methods (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion and other methods).
- Demonstrated experience with automated protein purification.
- Competence in protein analysis via SDS-PAGE including Western blotting, size exclusion chromatography.
- Demonstrated customer focus in delivering services, including the ability to anticipate and resolve problems with practical and positive solutions taking into account the needs of the business.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders and customers, as well as sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills coupled with the proven ability to work on a number of projects concurrently.
- A valid driver's licence and to be willing and able to travel locally and interstate as required.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21st April 2021, 11:00 pm AEST