|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral Roofing is seeking a responsible, organised, and experienced individual to join our team as Contracting Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day running of the Contracting function in the Supply and Fix business of Boral Roofing. Reporting to the State Manager, you will be based at our Springvale site.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Managing site risk assessment processes by working with Boral Contracting Supervisors, tiling contractors and safety workplace leaders to remove the opportunity for harm to contract roof tilers
- Reviewing on-site risk assessments and work method processes from tiling contractors to check compliance with Boral contracting standards
- Engaging Contracting Supervisors to facilitate and coordinate the rollout of all Boral Safety Management Systems
- Managing the contracting team for all site covers and completions to achieve an ‘in time and in full’ service delivery
- Managing relationships with tiling contractors and builders to achieve quality service delivery to customers
- Mentoring Contracting Supervisors to ensure they manage all fixing, rectification, shortage, and call back costs to maximise customer satisfaction and minimise cost impact on Boral
- Preparing reports, forecasts and other analysis on contracting activity, trends, etc to manage the performance of contracting business
- Managing customer complaint processes to resolve complaints to satisfaction of Boral and the customer, including managing legal cases that come before VCAT (or similar)
- Managing the allocations process to achieve ‘in full and on-time delivery of the product to site ready for installation, while maintaining high tiler utilisations
- Working with state industry bodies on the development of contract labour and roof tile apprentices in the industry.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following qualifications, experience, and attributes:
- Proven experience in management in contracting and contractor processes, and in the allocation of resources and product to customer sites;
- Minimum 10 years experience in the construction industry;
- Strong people skills and communication/negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with all people, and to lead and influence people; and
- Personal drive and results-orientation.
To apply, click on the Apply button or visit our careers website: http://careers.boral.com.au
"As a matter of courtesy, employees are to advise their manager if they are applying for any internal roles with Boral"
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.