At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our International Tax & Transaction Services team are currently seeking a manager passionate about transfer pricing to support our clients in managing compliance obligations, navigating tax authority reviews and planning for new international projects.
As part of our ITTS team you would have the opportunity to work across a range of clients, from large multinational energy and resources companies to small technology start-ups. Working closely with our broader international and corporate tax specialists across the EY network in Australia and overseas, you would be part of an integrated team striving to help our clients thrive in a global environment .
Candidates seeking flexible working arrangements are welcomed.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with clients to understand their business and support them in developing appropriate transfer pricing policies across a range of transactions
- Managing global transfer pricing compliance requirements
- Assisting clients in navigating tax authority compliance reviews and controversy
- Working across multi-disciplinary teams within Australia and across the EY global network to support international business planning and structuring
- Supporting clients to negotiate Advance Pricing Arrangements and other pro-active compliance products with the ATO
- Project managing multiple engagements to ensure they are delivered to time and budget with an excellent level of client service
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Supporting the broader ITTS team to identify and pursue new business opportunities through development of client relationships and support for proposals
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 4 years Transfer Pricing experience in a relevant role either from industry or professional services background
- Demonstrated experience in assimilating complex information and data sources to provide a succinct and well-informed recommendation to the client
- Strong teaming and leaderships skills with the ability to build trust and credibility quickly
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to stay abreast of wider legal, economic, environmental and political factors that influence transfer pricing
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in working with energy and resources companies
- Experience in cross border debt pricing, intellectual property and shipping or chartering arrangements
- An understanding of broader international tax principles such as tax treaties, controlled foreign company provisions, diverted profits tax regime and permanent establishments