|Job Type:||Full Time|
Solving complex problems through innovation.
We never stand still. We thrive on stepping up to a problem other couldn’t take on, or an opportunity that inspires new solutions.
Our engineering capability sets us apart. We believe our ability to move with the market and embrace new technologies comes down to the strength of our teams. This opportunity will see you join our multi-disciplined in-house engineering team working to solve complex problems throughout the project lifecycle.
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver\:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post completion
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Electrical Design Engineer to provide engineering support, advice, design input, and design management to enable the delivery of projects and/or programs of works for the efficient upgrade and creation of water and wastewater assets, with a particular focus on Electrical assets.
In this role, you will provide input to business case authors on the Electrical requirements of solutions identified for infrastructure projects including cost estimates for Electrical components based on concept, preliminary and/or detailed designs as required.
You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure clarity of project needs. Manage timeliness and quality associated with Electrical discipline inputs into task notices (TNs) and task budget requests (TBRs) for design and engineering tasks
You will be the discipline lead or design manager to develop or procure concept, preliminary or detailed designs for Electrical assets as an integrated component of infrastructure projects. Ensure Electrical solutions are safe, deliverable, fit for purpose, to relevant standards and that cost estimates are accurate.
- You want to be part of something bigger, whatever the challenge you see it as the chance to create value. Ideally you will have\:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline such as Electrical Engineering
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in the development of standards, conceptual, and detailed design, and design management of Electrical infrastructure, particularly relating to the water utility sector or similar
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.