|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing PR Manager to join our team.
As PR Manager, you will formulate and champion company’s PR strategy to build thought leadership, reputation and credibility. You’ll own Nearmap PR programme including media strategy, planning and launch preparations, campaigns, integrated marketing initiatives, influencer profiling, financial media and more. You’re responsible for building a strong relationship with external agencies to ensure we’re receiving the best service & outcomes possible. Ongoing management and training of the agencies on Nearmap new products and developments so they become an extension of our business and are thinking about us all the time.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- 5+ years in PR and/or Communications
- Experience working for a listed company
- Experience working for an emerging technology (B2B) company
- A. or equivalent in marketing, communications, business, media or similar
- External agency management
- Copy Writing, Content Management, Social Media Network Management
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Standing as an External Comms champion with internal teams to collaboratively deliver regional marketing PR objectives
- Formulating and executing strategically focused end-to-end PR programmes to drive company’s thought-leadership, brand awareness and recognition
- Contributing to the external public relations program by managing campaigns to support vertical strategy, new product announcements, influencers, executive engagement etc.
- Collaborating on integrated delivery of media relations, speaking engagements, influencer programs, social and thought leadership content.
- Managing the PR agency to secure stories in top media outlets and influential sites.
- Supporting news announcements and development of customer & employee case studies.
- Building measurability into public relations programs, glean insights and continuously improve efficiency and impact of investments. Report-out monthly to broader organisation.
- Developing and execute annual financial media strategy and engagement plan aligned with business objectives and the Investor Relations strategy
- Standing as the first and primary point of contact for all financial media related enquiries
- Building on existing engagement and relationships with key financial media including the AFR, The Australian, SkyNews, CommSec, Ausbiz, Motley Fool and Sydney Morning Herald
- Managing media training for the Chairman and key spokespeople
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.