Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people, and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Gap, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, where the brand is called Clearpay.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our merchant risk and finance technology team.
Afterpay partners with tens of thousands of merchants around the world. Our successful partnerships rely on our ability to settle funds to merchants: we want these to be fast, flexible, and aware of all money movements between parties.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for defining the tools and capabilities we need to understand and move money across our platform. This means understanding and providing holistic visibility into money movement across all channels as we develop new services, providing automated tools and capabilities to manage money and risk flexibly, and supporting Afterpay’s growth around the world. The Senior Product Manager will partner with our risk, finance, design, analytics, and engineering teams to define end-to-end solutions to help merchants and Afterpay grow their business.
The Senior Product Manager will be experienced in eCommerce, payments, and platform solutions to manage risk and reconcile money movements. They will work with our business to define success metrics and go-to-market strategies to create value for our customers, merchant partners, and Afterpay globally.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Work with our merchant risk, finance, and other product teams to define our risk needs and understand technical requirements. The goal is to build tools that let us understand the state of money movement across our networks and allow our risk and finance teams to make adjustments based on informed decisions.
- Define success measures and prioritise key initiatives to drive growth across all platforms and geographies
- Drive process improvement as well as product development to improve the end-to-end experience for our merchant partners
- Build strong relationships with our cross-functional teams, such as Risk, Finance, Merchant Administration, and Ops teams.
- Negotiate buy-in with stakeholders on product scope and priorities
- Collaborate with engineering teams to deliver value quickly and efficiently
- Plan go-to-market strategies for releasing tools and capabilities
- Work with data and partner teams to ensure that we have proper end-to-end instrumentation to measure and improve experiences
- Write great user stories, epics, and acceptance criteria to guide development teams
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. You will also be or possess:
- BS or BA (Computer Science or related preferred), MBA or advanced degree helpful
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Significant experience with risk management, finance, eCommerce, or payments
- Excellent communication skills. Bias to action. Ability to build relationships at all levels across the company and really learn what drives the business
- Familiarity with banking or payment risk tools, or large-scale finance and accounting systems is a plus
- Experience leading and working with geographically dispersed teams a plus
- Be brave. Be curious. Be cool. Be humble. A sense of humor, a willingness to laugh at danger, and an appreciation of the ironic are all pluses
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!