Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management, Retail to create a bar-raising omnichannel consumer shopping experience that drives sales and creates value for our merchant partners. The primary focus of this role will be on driving growth for Afterpay’s in-store payment option by deeply understanding consumer and merchant needs (both at HQ & on the sales floor). As the leader of our Retail product team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and influence many aspects of the growing business.
The ideal candidate will take their years of best-in-class product experience and apply an entrepreneurial approach to defining experiences and driving growth for Afterpays in-store product. You have launched and scaled global consumer products and are comfortable working cross-functionally to define customer value propositions and create great UX.
- Work with business leaders, designers, user researchers, engineers, data scientists and other PMs to define and launch our next wave of innovative capabilities, with a focus on creating uniquely Afterpay and bar-raising omnichannel experiences across markets
- Own the development and execution of a product roadmap that addresses new customer and revenue growth opportunities head-on
- Align product roadmap development with consumer & merchant experience objectives and business needs, working cross functionally with internal stakeholders including marketing, creative, sales, legal, regulatory, sales, customer service, integrations, and operations in addition to merchant partners
- Understand customer journeys online and in the physical world. Write great user stories, epics and acceptance criteria to guide teams, and ensure optimization for top of funnel growth, revenue, engagement and retention
- Demonstrate familiarity with device and OS capabilities and how they can unlock innovative use cases
- Partner with Payments leadership to understand how our in-store solutions interact with payment systems and how innovation in payments can improve our in-store experience
Define program for prototyping, user-testing and creating MVPs to allow us to intelligently manage risk in new features
- Define program for A/B testing production features to validate effectiveness and drive iterative improvement post-launch
- Work with dev leads on planning and sprint process
- Build and manage a team of other PMs to develop new features and capabilities
- BS or BA (Computer Science or related preferred), MBA or advanced degree helpful
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Proven success delivering results in high-growth environments, specifically delivering innovative consumer experiences on iOS and Android
- Excellent leadership skills with experience working across global markets and with geographically dispersed teams. Previous experience directly managing a team of at least 5 people
- Strong collaborator. Ability to build relationships at all levels across the company and really learn what drives the business
- A passion for retail, with your finger on the pulse of the latest technology and trends in the space. Beyond this, experience in ecommerce, digital marketing and with point-of-sale systems is very helpful
- Experience driving A/B testing strategies and knowledge of relevant tools
- Experience with functional prototyping for discovery using tools like Figma and InVIsion
- Be brave. Be curious. Be cool. Be humble. A sense of humor, a willingness to laugh at danger and an appreciation of the ironic are all pluses
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne or Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave. When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.