Last updated 11 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to receive products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments, always interest-free. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt!
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. In the U.S. more than 5 million customers use Afterpay and is offered by more than 15,000 of the top fashion and beauty retailers across the country - including Anthropologie, Forever 21, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins
Afterpay is looking for an engineering leader to drive our Money Movement Platform. This platform is the core engine that orchestrates billions of dollars/year between Afterpay, our merchants, the card networks, and banks all around the world. It sits at the intersection of omnichannel retail payments, risk management, and user data.
This role requires expertise in building out mission-critical systems at scale that can evolve quickly with our rapidly growing business. Additionally, we are looking for leaders with a proven record of building world-class engineering teams that focus on scalability, flexibility, and most importantly resilience and anti-fragility.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to lead the core foundational platform that powers one of the world’s largest payment networks and make a direct, tangible impact on Afterpay’s growth and success
- Define and lead the technical roadmap for our Money Movement platform.
- Architect and own large-scale and complex systems that facilitate orders, payments and data reconciliation between thousands of merchants and millions of consumers globally.
- Ensure our platform and infrastructure is scalable, reliable and extensible for both internal and external users.
- Build and lead engineering teams on multiple continents. Mentor and develop senior engineering talent.
- Working closely with our cross-functional teams consisting of designers, product managers, and QA in an agile, fast-paced environment
- 6+ years of Engineering leadership experience
- Experience architecting and executing large-scale, performant systems that are critical to the business
- Skilled at working to build alignment, drive decision making, and communicate transparently
- Able to marry long-term thinking with short-term action
- Execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional teams that are globally distributed
How we reward you.
We have a pay for performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for your hard work. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer equitable and a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits. We offer all of the benefits that you’d expect from our equity share matching plan to our market leading parental leave policy. We are proud to support working parents with our parental leave program including up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
How to Apply
If you are brave, if you are committed to doing the right thing, if you always keep it real, and your background matches the description above then please apply today! Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.