|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Great team environment
- Be part of an established brand with real career progression opportunities
- On the job training
Our success is built on the talent and enthusiasm of our people. We strive to create an inclusive environment for every team member to have a positive, enjoyable and rewarding work experience. Our culture is built around safety, care and empathy for people and good old fashioned customer service. We are looking for someone who appreciates the diversity of our customers, contractors and teams.
Who are we
Programmed Facility Management is a leading provider of asset management, facilities maintenance and project management services across a multitude of industries. Working with Programmed Facility Management means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Civil Operations Trainee to work on the Sewer and Water maintenance network across the CBD and West of Melbourne. Our client is one of Melbourne's largest and most successful Water Retailers.
The Trainee will work alongside a Water and/or Sewer crew and will be responsible to maintain the Water and Sewer network. The suitable applicant is required to use appropriate procedures and specifications and ensure activities are carried out to a satisfactory and timely manner. Specific projects may also be carried out as required as part of the trainee’s development across the network.
As a Trainee you will learn a variety of skills, some of which include:
- Planning and organising
- Identifying, locating and protecting underground services
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Carrying out manual excavation
- Effective communication in the workplace
- Working safely and following OHS policies and procedures
- Using hand and power tools
- Operating small plant and equipment
- Supporting plant operations
- Repairing Water Mains and Unblocking sewer pipes
The role will also involve completion of Certificate III in Civil Construction.
Skills and Experience
- Self-motivation and a willingness to learn and get involved
- A strong customer focus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Well development computer skills
- A current Victorian Driver’s License
- Earn while you learn!
- Great award weekly wages
- Long term career potential
- Paid parental leave and great discounts with selected retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program, which incorporates a tailored wellbeing initiative
Programmed supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourages this in all that we do.
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Programmed, we encourage you to visit our website.