|Location:||Brisbane, Gold Coast|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Incorporating five business streams, Downer Engineering offers comprehensive in-house engineering capability including civil, structural, chemical, mechanical and electrical expertise. Working with customers in mining operations for over 75 years, Mineral Technologies , a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to work within a collaborative and dynamic team and be involved in multi-disciplined projects developing high quality mining designs for mineral processing plant and equipment. This role offers a variety of projects to work across and will be based in our Carrara office on the Gold Coast.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop electrical power studies, estimates, designs, and calculations for mineral separation concentrator plants incorporating flotation, gravity, magnetic and electrostatic separation equipment;
- Deliver best practice technical solutions in accordance with project scopes, budgets and timeframes;
- Selection and specification of high voltage & low voltage processing plant electrical equipment
- Interact with suppliers to obtain bids and perform technical evaluations to develop work packages for equipment including performing technical evaluations of tenders;
- Provide both remote, and on-site assistance to construction and commissioning teams as and when required;
- Work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-discipline team environment to deliver results within set timeframes and budgets;
- Relevant tertiary electrical engineering qualifications (B.Eng Elec) with significant experience in industrial design and/or consulting.
- Sound knowledge in using industrial software applications for lighting design, electrical grounding, and power system modelling and electrical studies (Power-CAD, ETAP, SKM Power Systems).
- Experience preparing work packages and performing technical evaluations of tenders.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and be self-driven to meet project expectations and targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an open and collaborative attitude.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration.
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world, including exposure to designing to overseas standards, particularly European IEC, and the North American standards and NEMA.
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do.
- We provide truly flexible working conditions incorporating part time/casual and job share opportunities throughout various office locations
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
We are open to re-location